In line with last month’s Newsletter highlighting GigaMare’s Simulator Equipment, this week’s Newsletter focuses on GigaMare’s hands-on Engine Equipment.
Whereas GigaMare is fully capable, and as a matter of fact, currently conducts various courses fully online through our e-learning system, we also believe that certain skills can only be learned and honed through actual hands-on exercises; as such, we have greatly invested resources in ensuring that our clients are able to experience real-life scenarios through complete cut-away models and shipboard engine parts- this aims to promote real life applications where trainees are able to practically apply textbook theories by operation, repairing, and maintaining actual shipboard equipment.
Moreover, hands-on learning encourages the trainees to work together as a team; training element that is still quite a challenge for online training. Although visual and auditory learnings are both present in online and face-to-face course delivery, the combination of both elements and compelling full participation from participants allows them to become comfortable and familiar with the hands-on procedures and skills that can be then practically translated in the workplace.
Our Engineering Hands-On Equipment include complete cut-away model and engine parts of Wartsila ZA40S, Wartsila 46, Wartsila 200, Wartsila Vasa32, and power plant auxiliaries. In addition, other hands-on equipment also includes RT-Flex Engine Simulator, Alfa Laval Purifiers and Separator, Westfalia Separator, Fuel Pump, Governor, Electrical Training Modules, High Voltage Switch Gear, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Refrigeration, Turbocharger, ODME, Controllable Pitch Propeller, Steam Turbine Propulsion Plant Simulator, A Mooring Station, and Multiple Engine Room Simulator which can be operated alongside the Bridge Simulator for a Full Mission Simulation (as mentioned in our previous article).
GigaMare’s Engineering Building also houses a complete Welding Station with 8 workstations, Lathe Machines, and a complete Vacuum Toilet System which mimics the actual fittings found onboard a ship.
The fact of the matter is, to be competitive in the cut-throat environment of the Maritime Industry, most, if not all training providers invest a great number of resources in their hands-on facilities. If this is the case, then what separates GigaMare from the rest of the pack? To answer simply, it is our ability and willingness to identify training needs, adapt and cater to these needs, and create customized training programs/courses based on our client’s needs and requirements. Being able to provide standardized external training courses to the masses is one thing but being able to create courses from scratch at the whims of our clients puts GigaMare in a league of its own. Equipped with this vast range of equipment, we aim to provide and promote efficient and effective hands-on practical exercises to deliver training that makes a difference. A few of the courses that we have created and customized based on client requirements include:
- 8-WEEK FITTER TRAINING PROGRAM
- 2-WEEK CUSTOMIZED FITTER PROGRAM
- ENGINE ROOM SIMULATOR WITH MARPOL COURSE
- 2-WEEK CUSTOMIZED BOSUN COURSE
- REEFER ENGINEER TRAINING COURSE
- CARGO SAFETY HANDLING COURSE
- FIREFIGHTING WITH SAFE MOORING COURSE
- MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION OF PUMPS + VACUUM TOILET SYSTEM COURSE
Other training courses we offer include:
- 2-STROKE ELECTRONIC CONTROLLED ENGINES
- 2-STROKE ENGINE
- 4-STROKE DUAL FUEL ENGINES
- 4-STOKE MEDIUM SPEED ENGINES
- AUXILIARY EQUIPMENT
- CARGO PUMP OPERATION, MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- ENGINE COMPONENT MAINTENANCE AND RECONDITIONING
- ENGINE MECHANICS
- ENGINE PERFORMANCE
- ENGINE SAFETY
- FITTER TRAINING
- GOVERNOR TRAINING
- HYDRAULICS FOR MARINE APPLICATIONS
- LNG STEAM TURBINE PROPULSION PLANT
- MARINE PLANT OPERATION
- MARINE REFRIGERATION AND AIR-CONDITIONING
- OIL MIST DETECTOR TROUBLESHOOTING AND MAINTENANCE
- PNEUMATICS FOR MARINE APPLICATIONS
- PRECISION MEASUREMENTS OF ENGINE COMPONENTS
- PUMPS OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
- SEPARATOR TRAINING
- TURBO CHARGER
- VACUUM TOILET SYSTEM OPERATION MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE FITTER TRAINING
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE REEFER TRAINING
- MARINA-ACCREDITED ETO CADETSHIP PROGRAM