Fuel Efficiency Management - Marine Engineers
The main objective of this course is to build a culture around energy efficiency by discussing the implementation and monitoring of SEEMP, improving awareness of bridge and engine room practices that can contribute to the overall efficiency of the vessel to achieve fuel savings and encouraging goals and benefits.
Course duration is 5 days.
Content of the Course
- Specific Fuel Oil Consumption
- Engine condition
- Hull and propeller condition
- Tuning and timing of fuel pump
- Unit condition, cylinder, piston, rings
- Air and exhaust systems (including air coolers)
- Fuel injection equipment
- Turbocharger performance
- The principle for VIT and FQS
- Power management
- Electrical consumers/producers: A culture of energy efficiency
- Automated power management systems
Participants should have knowledge and experience on the operation and maintenance of the main and auxiliary engines.
Course Approval and Certification
Senior/ Junior Engine Officers, as well as Technical and Marine Superintendents.
5 working days for Engine Officers