International code for ships using gases or other low-flashpoint fuels (IGF Code)
Note: Above fee is suggested price. After first quotation you will receive final quotation.
Basic and advanced courses providing training to all seafarers responsible for designated safety duties associated with the care, use and emergency response of vessels using fuels within the IGF Code.
- Course approval and certification delivered by Finnish Flag State in cooperation with Aboa Mare Maritime Training Center
- Easy customization of training with tailor-made packages specially made to fit customer needs
- State-of-the-art simulators - Aboa Mare is the only training center in the world that offers a 5-day IGF Code simulator course replacing the necessary 30 days of sea time required for an advanced IGF Code CoP
- Unique hands-on training infrastructure aiding learning
- Cloud learning solutions allowing remote access from anywhere, anytime
- IGF Code Basic - 3 day training course for seafarers covering section A-V/3 -paragraph 1 of the STCW Code
- IGF Code Advanced - 3 day training course for Masters and engineer officers covering section section A-V/3 -paragraph 2 of the STCW Code
- IGF Code Combined - 5 day training course
Content of the Course
- Ship design and operational characteristics of ships subject to the IGF Code
- Ship’s fuel systems and fuel storage system
- Operation of fuel and fuel storage system
- Physical properties of fuels
- Safety requirements and safety management
- Hazards associated with operations on ships and Hazard control
- Fuel characteristics and Gas measuring instruments
- Specialized safety equipment and protective devices
- Safe working practices and procedures and First aid
- Fire organization
- Special hazards associated with fuel system & fuel handling
- Firefighting agents and methods used to control and extinguish fires in conjunction with the different fuels
- Firefighting system operations and Emergency procedures and ESD
- Measures to take in the event of leakage /spillage/venting of fuels
- Firefighting operation. Note! This part is a practical training which will be delivered at the GigaMare Training Facility.
Course Approval and Certification
Finnish Flag State; delivered in cooperation with Aboa Mare. Successful completion of both the Distance Learning and the Practical Fire Fighting Training is required for the Certification.
All seafarers who handle gas
and low-flash point fuel vessels.
IGF Code Combined - 5 day training course