Cargo Pump Operation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
This course aims to familiarize the trainees on cargo pumping systems, and ensure the participants will be able to safely operate the system.
Course duration is 3 days. They should be able to carry out routine maintenance and troubleshoot whenever required.
Content of the Course
- Hydraulics pumping system concept
- Hydraulics system components
- Open and closed circuits
- Axial piston hydraulic pumps
- Using circuit and pumping system
- Hydraulic system properties
- Operation and troubleshooting of speed control valves
- Cargo pump design and construction
- Cargo pump operation, stripping and performance evaluation
- Purging routines and analysis of results
- Cargo pump performance curves
- Use of portable pump in emergency and precautions
- Maintenance routines
- Hands on dismantling / reassembly of cargo pump and flow control valve
- Common operation problems, causes and solutions
- Best practices on operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
It is desirable that the trainee has a basic knowledge of the ship’s cargo pump systems.
Course Approval and Certification
Deck Officers, Engineers and Electro Technical Officers.
3 working days