Fuel Efficiency Management - Deck Officers
The main objective of this course is to build a culture around energy efficiency by discussing the implementation and monitoring of SEEMP, improving awareness of bridge and engine room practices that can contribute to the overall efficiency of the vessel to achieve fuel savings and encouraging goals and benefits.
Course duration is 4 days.
Content of the Course
The type - specific ECDIS training covers the following areas:
- Voyage planning and execution
- TC requirements and operational practices
- Weather routing, including presentation of available software program
- Fuel changeover
- Ballast exchange and requirements
- Speed and consumption
- Hull and propeller condition (incl PBCFs)
- Trim & draft–impact on fuel consumption
- Autopilot settings and use of rudder’s impact on fuel consumption
- Speed trials and speed log calibration
- Engine system familiarization
Ideally navigation officer/s for the deck course.
Course Approval and Certification
Senior/ Junior Deck Officers, as well as Technical and Marine Superintendents.
4 working days for Deck Officers