The objective of the course is to enable the trainees to maintain the engine in a safer manner and to be able to contribute more effectively to the operation of the machinery.
Course duration is 5 days. The trainees will learn the basics of evaluating engine operation parameters and maintenance planning.
Content of the Course
- 2-Stroke engine component design and functions
- Starting air system
- Fuel injection system
- Engine cooling system arrangements
- Engine instrumentation & controls system
- Start stop operation
- 2-Stroke engine performance evaluation
- Maintenance routines and procedures
- Troubleshooting exercises
- Safety procedures during operation and maintenance
The trainees should have basic knowledge of diesel engine principles as well as operational experience on engine room systems and components.
Course Approval and Certification
Management Level Engine Officers, Operational Level Engine Officers.
5 working days