After completing the training, the personnel should be familiar with maintenance procedures of the engine.
Course duration is 5 days. The personnel should be familiar with fundamental safety aspects, tools, and equipment. They will assess, evaluate, disassemble, recondition, calibrate and assemble engine components.
Content of the Course
- Design and function of an engine
- Safety aspects before performing maintenance work
- Use of special tools (hydraulics jacks and tools)
- Inspection and assessment of the main components
- Inspection on cylinder head, piston, main bearing, etc.
- Proper procedure of dis-assembly and assembly of above main components
- The fuel Injection system design & functions, hands-on pump components
- Disassembly, assembly, and calibration of fuel pumps
- Disassembly, assembly, and calibration of the fuel injector
- Observing proper torque, proper use of tools, safety procedures, procedures as per company SMS
- Final assessment
It is desirable that the trainees should have a basic knowledge on engine operation and maintenance.
Course Approval and Certification
Personnel in-charged in the maintenance of engines.
5 working days