The course focuses on classification of hazardous zones, properties of gases, bonding/earthing and maintenance of the Ex-proof equipment.
Course duration is 2 days.
Content of the Course
- International regulation/classification of vessels
- Hazardous areas
- Explosion Theory
- Properties of gas/liquid fuels
- Flash point
- Ignition temperature
- Explosion limits (UEL, LEL)
- Gas grouping and temperature class
- Ignition sources
- Classification of hazardous zone
The course is open to all.
Course Approval and Certification
Sea going personnel assigned on tankers or gas carriers.
2 working days