Marine Plant Operation
The training focuses on the operational procedures and parameters of the main and auxiliary machineries.
Course duration is 5 days. The course aims to reduce down time and operate the systems efficiently.
Content of the Course
- Engine room systems
- Operation of main and auxiliary machinery and associated control systems
- Operation of alternators, generators and control system
- Environmental and pollution-prevention requirements
- Company checklists, procedures, log books and other record keeping requirements
- Engine simulation exercises
The trainees should have a basic knowledge of the shipboard power plant operations and practical experience gained in a shipboard engine room.
Course Approval and Certification
Shipboard Engineering Personnel (watch keeping engineers and all other professionals with responsibilities related to the daily operation of shipboard power plants).
5 working days