Precision Measurements of Engine Components
Upon completion of the training, participants should be able to calibrate and demonstrate proper handling of precision instruments.
Course duration is 3 days. They are expected to read accurately up to 0.01mm measurements and evaluate results.
Content of the Course
- Principles of measurements
- Conversion exercises
- Caliper, outside micrometer, inside micrometer, depth micrometer, dial bore gauge
- Calibration exercises
- Proper use/installation exercises
- Reading and test exercises
- Transferring actual measurement
- Interpreting measurement results
- Component completion evaluation and taking appropriate action
Preferably, participants are personnel with some experience in the maintenance of diesel engines.
Course Approval and Certification
Marine Superintendents, Marine Engineers, Ratings and Power Plant Personnel (who will be engaged in the operation and maintenance of engines).
3 working days